Sometimes you need to limit yourself from overdoing social posts and wasting time. We’re going to walk you through Instagram’s activity feature, as well as providing tips for staying productive with your time on social media.
How to Track Your Activity on Instagram
- Tap on the menu bar (3 horizontal lines) in the top right corner of your profile view.
- Tap on ‘Your Activity’.
- From there, you can see your daily average of time spent per day using the Instagram app on your device in the last week.
- There’s also a week view, so you can see a visual graph of which days you spent more or less time on Instagram.
- Next, is the option to manage your time on the app.
- Tap on ‘Set Daily Reminder’ to choose the amount of time you want to set for yourself to be on the app each day. You can choose as short or as long as you’d like. Once you’ve been on the app for the amount of time you set, you’ll get a notification that you’ve been on the app for that amount of time. This is a great way to be more aware of the time you’re spending scrolling and engaging on the app.
- Another way to manage your time is by tapping on ‘Notification Settings’ to choose which Instagram notifications to mute or receive.
- You can always modify your daily reminders or notification settings depending on how much time you want to allow or what you have going on in your life. It’s always good to be more in the moment and not let social media overwhelm your time.
By tracking your activity on Instagram, you can ensure that you’re maximizing your productivity. Everything in moderation is key! Check out our tips below for staying productive on Instagram.
- Be purposeful & intentional. When you go on the app, have goals in mind to engage with others, watch a few of your favorite users Instagram Stories for inspiration, answer your dm’s, or check out what your favorite brands are doing on IGTV.
- Limit yourself. It’s easy to get sucked into social media and let your responsibilities and obligations fall to the side. However, there is nothing wrong with a little IG scrolling…as long as you don’t overdo it. Use the new time management feature to keep yourself in check!
- Edit your images in batches and set aside time to write captions. Sometimes posting content can be what takes the most time! That’s where planning your grid comes into play. Batch edit your content, so it flows nicely within your grid, write your captions ahead of time (and have a running list to go to for inspiration).
By following a few of these simple tips, you can ensure that you’re running your Instagram, rather than your Instagram running you.
We have a range of cost effective, compliance and marketing solutions including Social Media which are uniquely suited to supporting firms.