Pinterest is a vital resource for gathering inspiration and strategically mapping out how you’d like to share already published content from your website.It’s one of the best platforms for leveraging visibility, as well as reaching a broader audience. When it comes to being successful on Pinterest, it all comes down to the art of creating the perfect Pin. Today, we’re diving into how you can make the most of your Pins by incorporating beautiful imagery, posting correct image ratios within your content, and crafting thoughtful descriptions.
5 Steps Towards Creating the Perfect Pin:
- Imagery: Pinterest is the visual discovery engine that brings everyone the inspiration to create a life they love.It serves as a visual mood board to share and gather inspiration for: future photoshoots, upcoming blog posts, social media content, partner collaborations, plus so much more! Make sure that your images on Pinterest pop by including hi-res imagery throughout your website and Pinterest profile. The highest performing profiles on Pinterest always have beautiful imagery to match.
- Right Ratios: Each pin needs to have the right aspects and ratios to reach its fullest potential on Pinterest. As a rule of thumb, it’s best to stick to a 2:3 aspect ratio because they typically perform the best. (i.e. – this means images that are 600px X 900px or 1000px X 1500px.) And make sure to choose a PNG or JPEG file type with a max size of 32 MB.
- Audience Grabbing Descriptions: Be strategic with the descriptions you create. Include as much information as you can while also condensing it into a quick and easy informational bite for your audience. Easily digestible information that grabs your audience’s attention is key whenever you’re crafting a Pin description. Keep in mind that each Pin allows up to 100 characters in your title and up to 500 characters in the description.
- Always Include a Pin URL: Don’t forget to link back to the accredited website that your Pin first originated from. (You want for it to be linked to its proper source!) This will help to drive continuous traffic back to your website every time someone shares or saves that specific Pin.
- Save it to the Appropriate Board: Saving all of your Pins in the appropriate category board makes it easy for users to navigate through your profile.(For Example: Are you a food blogger sharing various weekly recipes? Create a board for each food category so that your followers can seamlessly find each recipe that they’d like to try!) You can either break it down by board or create a main Food Board and include the similar interests within that board such as salads, entrees, breakfast, drinks, desserts.
Always keep in mind, that a perfectly crafted pin will always help to draw your audience in. Being thoughtful with your descriptions, sticking to a brand aesthetic for your profile, and remaining active on Pinterest while continuously engaging with your audience will ensure Pinterest success!
How can we help?
At LS Consultancy, we offer a number of distinct products and services which can be deployed individually or combined to form a broader solution.
When you face business or regulatory challenges, we can provide solutions that are tailor-made to your needs with a view to releasing your energies to focus on your clients.
We work both within individual teams and across many departments to offer a complete solution, with a range of cost effective, compliance and marketing solutions including social media which are uniquely suited to supporting firms.
Connect with us via social media and drop us a message from there. We’d love to hear from you and discuss how we can help.