By now, we’re all aware of the option to share songs via Spotify on your Instagram Stories.
The music sharing feature has been fantastic, because if there’s one thing that everyone is passionate about…it’s music. However, Instagram has taken it one step further by allowing users to share their favorite movies or shows they’re currently bingeing by using the Netflix app for iOS. Netflix and chill? More like Netflix and share.
This new feature has started rolling out to all iOS users; remember you have to have the Netflix app to share on Instagram Stories. Don’t worry if you don’t have access to it yet – just keep checking! Make sure your Netflix app is updated to ensure that you have access to the feature.
How to Share Your Favorite Netflix Shows to IG Stories
- Open the Netflix app on your iOS device.
- Go to the app’s share menu.
- Tap on ‘Instagram Stories,’ and you’ll be redirected to the Instagram app.
- An image of the cover art from the show or movie you’re watching will appear on your screen and is ready to be shared!
- Take it a step further and customize your IG Stories with text, GIF’s, or polls. (*Tip: this is another way to engage with your followers and get them to engage back!)
- Share to all of your followers and friends!
*Note: Your IG Story will link back to the Netflix app, so your followers can easily click on it and watch the show!
This is such a great addition to Instagram’s library of features, and we’re excited to see what more people are watching on Netflix. The new feature works with Netflix’s entire library – no show is left behind! We can’t say for sure, but the feature should be rolling out to Android users soon as well.
We have a range of cost effective, compliance and marketing solutions including Social Media which are uniquely suited to supporting firms.