Instagram has shift gears with their IGTV feature by allowing users to post a preview of their IGTV videos directly onto their feed. This is a great option to ensure that your IGTV videos have visibility and get more views!
How to Share a Preview of Your IGTV Video to Your Feed
- Once you’ve created your IGTV video, you’ll come to the screen where it will ask you to add a title and description of your video.
- You’ll see an option to ‘Post a Preview.’ Toggle that switch on for your IGTV video preview to appear on your profile and feed. Note – Your video must be at least 1 minute long to post to your grid.
- The thumbnail of the video in your feed will default to the cover you uploaded onto IGTV. However, you’ll also see an option to ‘Edit Cover,’ which will allow you to upload from your Camera Roll, or scroll through the IGTV video and customize your thumbnail.
- The caption will appear as the title that you wrote for your IGTV video. You can always go back and edit this once you’ve shared the preview.
- Your audience has the option to tap “Watch Full Video” in the bottom left corner of the preview to continue watching the full video on your IGTV channel. Note – IGTV video previews will have an IGTV icon in the top right of the screen.
* Tip – If you choose to remove the IGTV from your Instagram grid, it will still be available to watch on your IGTV channel.
What do you think about these new sharing options for IGTV? Having the option to share an IGTV video preview to your grid gives your content more exposure and visibility. With these new updates and improvements, it looks like IGTV is only going to get bigger and better.
How can we help?
At LS Consultancy, we offer a complete solution with a range of cost effective, regulatory compliance and marketing products and solutions including social media which are uniquely suited to supporting firms.
Connect with us via social media and drop us a message from there. We’d love to hear from you and discuss how we can help.