How to verify your Facebook business page and why you should have done it already!
Its common knowledge that a verified Facebook page looks better and screams authenticity. But many business owners are unaware that you can actually contact Facebook directly, provide them with the relevant information and proof of business and get yourself a grey verification tick on your own Facebook business page.
Getting yourself verified on Facebook is a lot easier then many may assume and it has many benefits that will increase your business page performance. Firstly all you need to do is follow these steps below to get yourself verified on facebook.
How to guide to Facebook verification
To verify your Facebook Page:
- Click Settingsat the top of your Page
- From General, click Page Verification
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language
- Click Call Me Nowto allow Facebook to call you with a verification code
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue
If these steps do not work you may be asked for proof or documentation to support your application to be verified. If this is the case you will follow the above steps and choose verify this page with documents instead.
At the bottom left a window will appear and you will be able to upload an image of your official documentation containing the address, business name, etc
Please bare in mind a official document will help your application process, so a tax form or bank form with business details are better documentation to provide.
Why you should verify your Facebook business page
- Facebook algorithms love verified pages, they love the idea of businesses and individuals abiding by their rules and regulations as well as meeting their community standards. A verified business page will actually rank higher in the search bar. Facebook will also suggest your page more then they suggest unverified pages, to relevant Facebook users.
- Customers gain a higher respect and trust with verified Facebook business pages, it’s a phycological factor that people have. This relates to feeling customers have when they feel safer ordering a product or service through a more secure website. If you see the green lock in the url bar you feel slightly safer purchasing through a website, also the idea of PayPal over credit card details.
Its all about building your customers trust with your brand and a simple Facebook verification can help you accomplish this feeling.
- Stopping copy cat businesses. Itssimple, if you have a good solid business in place creating excellent content online then other may want a piece of your action. They may try and copy or replicate your work, or even go as far and duplicating your whole business characteristics and brand. By verifying your Facebook page you will stand out as the real Mccoy online, so if someone Dows come along and try any duplication or business stealing techniques you will have the power to report their activity and stand true as the original owner.
- Increasing your engagementalthough there is no proof of this aspect, with the above benefits in place on your business page it is highly likely that your engagement will increase organically. Increased engagement, means that you have a higher chance of growth on social media of which increases your brands strength. Becoming an authoritative figure within your industry may lead to more sales and higher profits.
How can we help?
At LS Consultancy, we offer a number of distinct products and services which can be deployed individually or combined to form a broader solution.
When you face business or regulatory challenges, we can provide solutions that are tailor-made to your needs with a view to releasing your energies to focus on your clients.
We work both within individual teams and across many departments to offer a complete solution, with a range of cost effective, compliance and marketing solutions including social media which are uniquely suited to supporting firms.
Connect with us via social media and drop us a message from there. We’d love to hear from you and discuss how we can help.