Every day, millions of searches are conducted on popular search engines like Google and Yahoo! by people from all parts of the globe. So as a website owner, it is crucial that you determine the proper keyword or search phrases to target in order to achieve best possible search engine and directory rankings. Also, this is necessary too to increase the chances of being ‘clicked’ first by the users.
Take note that websites have different niches and also have varying goals for search engine optimization. There are some sites that want any and all traffic that they can achieve and can be optimized by using common search phrases. The broad search optimization strategy is best for a website that has broad interest like directory or websites that display advertisements.
Also, there are some business websites that contain highly specific keywords. The broad search optimization can be an obstacle in marketing strategy because it only generates a large volume of low-quality inquiries. As an owner of a business website, you need to focus on desirable traffic that can generate better quality sales leads hence ensuring the success of your business. In other words, you need to “drill down” to a particular specialty within the broader category which is likened to the structure of directories. You need to concentrate more on the specific terms.
Choosing the right keywords and phrases for your website is critical. Your targeted keywords must be able to land in the first page of search engines and drive the right amount of traffic to your website. Meanwhile, wrong keywords only attract visitors who are not interested to the products you are offering. In choosing the right keyword for your website, there are some important rules to be followed to determine the right combination of keywords that would lead you to your prospected clients.
- Select the keywords that fully represent what your website is all about. Think about the products and services that are most profitable and have strong sales. In most cases 80% of the sales and sales leads are generated by 20% of the keywords and search.
- Use online tools to help you determine the right keyword variations and search frequency. You can try visiting the Google’s AdWords suggestion tool or the Yahoo! Search Marketing’s search term suggestion tool.
- It is also important that you use WordTracker. This comes with a small fee but this is very helpful in finding your niche keywords. With its many benefits, you will consider the WordTracker as your worthy investment.
- Pay-per-click programs of Yahoo! and Google are also very beneficial when looking for the right keywords. They will help you generate search terms based on specific keyword relationships and show how often they are searched by people.
- Geographics are also a big help. If your products are local or regional, you can include your state or city within your search phrases.
- It would also help if you know your competition. Find your top competitors and try to visit their website for specific keywords and search phrases. You need to look at their META keywords to know the keywords that are important to them.
And lastly, you need to analyze your website traffic. For some hosting companies, you need to log into your account to view the traffic reports while there are some that email the monthly traffic reports of your website. The information in these reports can be a help in telling you the top search terms used to find your website, thus can be used to rehash your search engine optimization strategies if necessary.
How can we help?
At LS Consultancy, we offer a complete solution with a range of cost effective, regulatory compliance and marketing products and solutions including Social Media that are uniquely suited to supporting firms.
Connect with us via social media and drop us a message from there. We’d love to hear from you and discuss how we can help.
Why Not Download our FREE Brochures! Click here.
Call Us Today on 020 8087 2377 or send us an email.