The Phone-paid Services Authority (PSA), the UK regulator for content, goods and services charged to a phone bill, launched their 14th Code of Practice back in 12 July 2016, which was approved by Ofcom in accordance with the Communications Act 2003 on the same date.
All companies providing phone-paid services have to:
- register with the PSA
- submit and maintain accurate details of its services and numbers to the PSA
- check the companies they contract with
- ensure consumers are protected
- follow the PSA’s formal directions, instructions, notices or requests for information
Phone-paid services must:
- be upfront about the service they offer and the cost
- treat consumers fairly
- comply with the law
- not invade consumer privacy
- not cause harm or unreasonable offence to consumers
- resolve consumer complaints quickly
- Download the 14th Code of Practice
- Notice of actions and thresholds under paragraph 3.12.6
- Number ranges regulated by the PSA
- General and sector specific guidance to support the Code of Practice Supporting procedures
At LS Consultancy, we offer a number of distinct products and services which can be deployed individually or combined to form a broader solution.
When you face business or regulatory challenges, we provide solutions that are tailor-made to your needs with a view to releasing your energies to focus on your clients.
We work both within individual teams and across many departments to offer a complete solution, with a range of cost effective, compliance and marketing solutions which are uniquely suited to supporting firms.