Office of Communications (Ofcom) has published the latest figures for complaints they’ve received about the UK’s major home phone, mobile, broadband and pay-TV providers between July and September 2022.
In summary, our latest complaints data shows:
- Overall, complaint volumes during this quarter were broadly in line with the previous three months.
- Shell Energy continued to attract the most broadband and landline complaints, with a small decrease from last quarter. Broadband complaints were mainly driven by faults and service issues, while landline customers were mainly unhappy with how complaints were handled.
- BT Mobile, Virgin Mobile and iD Mobile were the most complained-about mobile operators, with customers primarily complaining about how their complaint had been handled.
- Virgin Media continued to generate the most pay-TV complaints; the main reason customers complained to Ofcom was due to complaints handling.
- Sky attracted the fewest pay-TV and broadband complaints.
- EE joined Sky as the least complained-about landline providers.
- Tesco Mobile, Sky Mobile and EE generated the fewest complaints in the mobile sector.
Ofcom is monitoring Shell’s performance closely, as its complaint volumes remain significantly higher than other providers. Ofcom has been engaging with the provider and urged it to get a grip on identifying and addressing the root causes of these issues.
As always, should Ofcom identify specific concerns with how the rules are being followed, they will consider whether it is appropriate to take formal action.
Overall complaint levels have been consistently low in recent months, but some providers need to raise their game to match the customer service standards offered by their rivals. … If you’re not happy with the service you’re getting, consider shopping around and moving elsewhere. You could end up with better customer service as well as saving money. – Fergal Farragher, Ofcom’s Consumer Protection Director
Our range of innovative solutions can be tailored to suit your unique requirements, no matter whether you’re currently working from home, or are continuing to go into the office. Our services can be deployed individually or combined to form a broader solution to release your energies and focus on your clients.
Need A Regulatory Marketing Compliance Consultant? A Bit More About Us
Why Not Download our FREE Brochures! Click here.
Call Us Today on 020 8087 2377 or send us an email.
We welcome individual bloggers / Professional Writers / Freelancers to submit high quality contents. Find out more…
You can see our Google reviews here.
Connect with us via social media and drop us a message from there. We’d love to hear from you and discuss how we can help.