The National Crime Agency (NCA) officers have charged a 60-year-old man from Liverpool with committing numerous breaches of his Serious Crime Prevention Order.
Curtis Warren, who was arrested by the NCA in Boldon Colliery, South Tyneside in July, was informed of the charges as he answered bail at a police station in Merseyside today, Friday 17 November.
The 11 charges authorised by the Crown Prosecution Service include alleged breaches relating to communications devices, travel, vehicles, business arrangements and finances, all said to have been committed between November 2022 and July 2023.
Warren has been bailed and is due to appear before Liverpool Magistrates on 15 December.
At LS Consultancy, our consultants are industry experts that interpret the rules, regulations and spirit of the industry guidelines by assisting you “the client” in implementing a compliance programme that you can be confident is mitigating the risk of financial crime. What we can do:
- We analyse the relevant jurisdictions legislation, regulation and industry guidance to ensure that your controls adopt the highest standard possible
- Analyse and/ or Enhance your Business Wide Risk Assessment to ensure we consider money laundering and relevant predicate crimes
- Assessment of your Customer Onboarding and/ or Periodic KYC reviews rely on independent documentation and supported by credible information from your customer – as this is key to your compliance programme.
- Robust Transaction Monitoring and Screening whilst utilising your up-to-date KYC documentation/ information are fundamental.
- Greater emphasis on training – why not go through live examples with your RM’s, Operational Teams and Compliance – discuss the areas of concern and come up with compliant solutions.
- Ensuring your Compliance Monitoring Programme is conducted on a regular basis
- Engagement with senior management through relevant committees
For further information please contact us where our industry experts will be happy to answer your questions.