All marketing and advertising must be:
- an accurate description of the product or service
- socially responsible (not encouraging illegal, unsafe or anti-social behaviour)
There are regulations that restrict what advertisers can and cannot do.
As well as the regulations, there are 2 advertising codes of practice that you need to follow to help you advertise legally.
You must describe your product or service accurately.
Requirements for specific products
There are also specific requirements that apply to certain sectors, such as:
- beauty products
- environmentally friendly products
For example, you can only claim your drink is ‘low in alcohol’ if it contains between 0.5% and 1.2% alcohol by volume.
If you’re gathering, storing or using information about customers or potential customers, you must also protect their data.
- Marketing and advertising law – Regulations that affect advertising
- Marketing and advertising law – Advertising codes of practice
- Marketing and advertising law – Direct marketing
- Marketing and advertising law – financial products and services
Our range of innovative solutions can be tailored to suit your unique requirements, no matter whether you’re currently working from home, or are continuing to go into the office. Our services can be deployed individually or combined to form a broader solution to release your energies and focus on your clients.