The AA has submitted a response to the DCMS call for evidence on gaming machines and social responsibility measures.
The response highlights the following points:
- AA support for the self-regulatory system
- The 2014 review did not provide sufficient evidence to amend the current rules
- Industry has taken steps to strengthen the Industry Group for Responsible Gambling (IGRG) code (prohibiting sign-up offers before 9pm)
- There is little evidence around the impact of gambling advertising on problem gambling
- Overall participation in gambling is declining, as is young people’s exposure to gambling advertising
Source: AA website