FCA Authorisation, Registration, Certification or Licencing is a very involved process requiring you to know not only your business, but also how your business works and the risk areas it is likely to be impacted by.
Arrange a Meeting
or Contact Us
Assuming that your activity falls under the regulated activities of the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000 (as amended) and you have sufficient experience of the industry you want to operate in (i.e., at least 2 years) and are of good standing professionally and financially, then you should have few issues. The main challenge many face is understanding the regulatory terms and industry jargon. We cannot be responsible for your competence and if your application is rejected for these reasons our final payment is still payable.
Do you want;
- Compliance specialists handling your application
- Typical policies completed and provided as required by the regulator for the application to be accepted?
- All forms completed on your behalf?
- Help completing the Regulatory Business Plan?
- All questions before submission at no extra cost (giving you comfort and peace of mind)?
- Free submission of your application, making sure that all the documentation is uploaded correctly?
- Recommendations on wording for text answers to explain your firm’s regulatory based questions when the FCA asks?
- All regulator questions and requests for explanations throughout the approval process at no extra charge?
- Professional project management of the process?
- Your questions answered post submission and throughout the approval process at no extra cost?
- Free availability post FCA acceptance for any questions you may have?
- Ongoing compliance support post authorisation if needed?
Call Us Today on 020 8087 2377 or Read On ….
You may have approached companies already about your application ambitions, and I am sure that all of the respondents will provide you with a wealth (even avalanche) of information about FCA authorisations. They will undoubtedly tell you how complicated and demanding it can be; they will try and explain all about the different divisions and challenges they have experienced in the recent history and how long average cases have been taking to process within the FCA; but all of this depends on how it is approached and whether or not you have a robust preparation of the required documents and explanation of your business idea.
The quotations you encounter could appear very attractive! However, this is often for only the basic service.
When the regulator asks for certain company policies, or governance, for operating the business (and they will), your consultancy will often charge you additionally by the item.
When the FCA asks questions that you may need assistance with before responding, they will start the “charging clock” often up to £300 per hour or more.
When the regulator asks a question of your company and the your case manager does not understand what is being asked, or is not adequately qualified to interpret the rules, they either answer incorrectly or refer to a senior manager who may be able to help at extra unseen cost to you.
We typically deal with a number of authorisation applications from CCA, PSD, EMIs and Retail through to larger insurance companies and…
WE OFFER YOU A SIMPLE FIXED FEE …
….. once we have a good idea of your business complexity.
Certain details need to be understood by us before starting your application as these will be critical to your application, along with details of any proprietary or bespoke software and web portal used for client access as well as any agents or representatives you may be using.
There are generally very few “secrets” in financial services. As there are a small number of “go to” companies you can rely on, we pride ourselves in being strictly confidential. We don’t blab about our clients but some find comfort in requiring us to operate under a “Non-Disclosure Agreement”.
Find out more about LS Consultancy. Download our summary document here.
If you have a detailed and robust regulatory business plan, and you have completed all of the necessary forms via the FCA Connect System, costs start at £4,000 for an authorisation. This consists of an up front payment and the remainder on submission and then final authorisation.
We can provide templates to assist you.
Many Consultancies will charge a low figure for an authorisation submission and then pile on the extras like, answering the FCA’s questions, providing compliance documents, calculating regulatory capital, phone calls/email (sometimes up to £300 per hour). Don’t Get Caught Out!
If your business plan is not as content rich as you think it may need to be … Don’t worry, we can factor the cost into your package.
We will provide the normal policy documents (up to 10) and the compliance monitoring procedures as required and/or requested by the regulator dependent upon your business model. All for a FIXED PRICE.
Whoever you choose you need to be absolutely clear on these issues.
Does the price quoted include;
Qualified Compliance specialists handling your application
All policies and an annual compliance monitoring plan as required by the regulator?
All forms completed on your behalf (excluding electronic signatures etc) unless you have already done so.
All questions answered before submission
All regulator questions and requests for explanations throughout the approval process at no extra charge
All Your questions answered throughout the approval process
Call Us Today on 020 8087 2377
Why Not Download our FREE Brochures! Click here.
- Introduction to LS Consultancy
- Business Continuity Plan template
- Business Plan (Regulatory)
- FCA Authorisation the basic process
- FCA Regulation for Claims-Management Companies
- Financial Promotion Do’s & Don’ts
- Financial Promotion guide
- Financial Promotion MiFID II guide
- How to prepare for an FCA visit
- Marketing Guide to Compliance
- MLRO Report template
- Procedure and Policy template
- Treating Customers Fairly FAQs
- UK Financial Compliance Glossary
- Whistleblowing template
Check out our FREE resources page.
Call Us Today on 020 8087 2377
At LS Consultancy, we offer a complete solution with a range of cost effective, regulatory compliance and marketing products and solutions including copy advice which are uniquely suited to supporting firms.