Heads up if you are using personal devices and messaging apps for business. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is clamping down on this.
According to the Times, the FCA say they are:
- “actively discussing personal device use with a range of UK authorised firms”
- “not limited to those who may have been subjected to other regulatory enquiries”
- “It is important for firms to proactively review their recording policies and procedures every time the context and environment they operate in changes,”
If you are in HR or Compliance, how do you check employees use of relevant chat? On channels like WhatsApp, Telegram and Signal?
Don’t panic. These are the questions you need to start with:
- What regulatory rules apply to your business?
- Do you know what your firm policies say about using personal devices?
- How is relevant data from personal devices captured, recorded and retained?
Need some promotional advice? If you want to understand more about how to make sure your marketing materials meet FCA standards, please click here.
Related: FCA Financial Promotion Rules
The Compliance workload shows no signs of decreasing. An ever-growing list of requirements and regulatory changes makes the compliance role harder than ever.
When you face business or regulatory challenges, we provide solutions that are tailor-made to your needs with a view to releasing your energies to focus on your clients.
LS Consultancy offer a complete solution with a range of cost effective, regulatory compliance and marketing products and solutions including copy advice and copy development which are uniquely suited to supporting firms.
Why Not Download our FREE Brochures! Click here.
Need A Regulatory Marketing Compliance Consultant? A Bit More About Us
Call Us Today on 020 8087 2377 or send us an email.
We welcome individual bloggers / Professional Writers / Freelancers to submit high quality contents. Find out more…
You can see our Google reviews here.