- The Australian Government has released a factsheet to provide information on what to do if your data has been compromised in the recent Medibank and AHM cyber incident.
- If you think you may be affected by the breach, contact Medibank Private on 13 23 31 or AHM on 13 42 46.
- If you are concerned your identity has been compromised, contact your bank immediately and call IDCARE on 1800 595 160.
On 20 October 2022, Medibank Private released a statement advising that it had been contacted by a criminal claiming to have stolen Medibank Private and AHM data.
Information of Medibank Private and AHM customers, such as names, addresses, dates of birth, Medicare numbers, policy numbers, phone numbers and some claims data, may have been exposed.
Medibank will be making direct contact with affected customers.
Be alert for scams referencing the Medibank and AHM cyber incident. Learn how to protect yourself from scams by visiting the ACCC’s Scamwatch.
The Government is working to minimise the impact of the Medibank and AHM cyber incident and ensure that people’s personal information is protected.
Australian Government agencies have developed a factsheet about the Medibank and AHM cyber incident.
ASIC’s Moneysmart website also has guidance on protecting yourself from identity theft.
- Medibank Newsroom
- Respond to a data breach notification | OAIC
- Identity fraud | OAIC
- Individual Support Services | IDCARE
- Medibank Private Cyber Security Incident | ACSC
ASIC is Australia’s corporate, markets and financial services regulator.
Source: © Australian Securities & Investments Commission. Reproduced with permission.
Our range of innovative solutions can be tailored to suit your unique requirements, no matter whether you’re currently working from home, or are continuing to go into the office. Our services can be deployed individually or combined to form a broader solution to release your energies and focus on your clients.
Why Not Download our FREE Brochures! Click here.
Call Us Today on 020 8087 2377 or send us an email.
We’re looking for guest writers with business know-how and experience to create outstanding articles to feature on our website. Sound like you? Then find out more…